Thursday, May 3, 2012

'Make It In May' Skirt Sew-Along.


Here is my entry in the CurlyPops 'Make It In May' Skirt Sew-Along.

The pattern is the wonderful Wrap Skirt from Nicole Mallalieu's fabulous book, You Sew Girl.

If you look closely you will notice that the panel at the front is sporting one of my screen-print designs. I seem to be attaching them to anything that will stand still long enough.

The fabric is a black denim. Yes, that's right, it is actually black. The morning light seems to have turned it blue. *(Photos taken hastily by cranky teenage son who was running late for school). I'll be wearing it on Saturday, so those of you who make it to the River Studios Open Day will get to see it in the flesh.

Thanks so much for hosting this Sew-Along Cam. It was great fun and has inspired me to whip up some more skirts for winter.



*One could also say, 'photos taken crankily by hasty teenage son.....


5 comments:

  1. It looks great, I recognised the pattern AND your screen printing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the panel detail on the skirt. Can I copy that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that you have your own artwork on your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am visiting from Nicole Mallalieu's blog and wanted to say how fabulous your fabric panels are. Your skirt looks amazing. Can you please let me know how I can purchase from you? I am in Ararat, Vic, so I couldn't get to the open day yesterday at the River Studios, but would love to get one/some of your prints. Looking forward to coming back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how everyone is adapting their favourite pattern and making it their own... your design panel is lovely....

    ReplyDelete