Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sprucing up the screen

Ah the perils of screen printing. The poor old screen was clogging up and making very patchy prints. So sprucing it up a bit was in order.

One thing that I have learned with screen printing, is that thin lines are prone to clogging.
So the first job was to give the acetate a going over with a black marker. Now that is a satisfying job. 
Cleaned the screen with a cocktail of lotions and potions.
And then coated it in emulsion fluid. Had me singing that old Bee Gees song, "It´s just emulsion that's taking me over,
Caught up in sorrow, lost in the song"

Exposed it to the light.

Gave the screen a jolly good wash down.
And Voila! Screen is printing like a dream now!

1 comment:

  1. Now I've got that BeeGees song running through my head!

    ReplyDelete